A 3-4 day road trip from Clearwater to Keywest can give you a wholesome different experience of a roadtrip if it is done in a planned manner.
Start driving at 7:00 am. Take I-275 and then connect to I-75 to get to fort Myers. Visit Edison and ford winter Estates. Spend at least two hours there as it has a lot to offer.
From there drive to Naples for about 1 hour 15 minutes to explore Cork screw swamp Sanctuary, a very pristine and balmy nature walk on the boardwalk trail with various exotic birds to watch along the way. having a binoculars is an advantage.
End your day with a stay at Marathon. various availability of motels within your budgets.
note: you can make a stop at Ringling museum and allocate at least about 3 hours for it before you head straight to Fort Myers if you can hit off the road little early at around 7:30 in the morning.
Enjoy the Marathon beach.
Also, you can explore few of the below activities of your interest as time permits before you can head to key west to spend a night there.
- A Deep Blue Dive Center
- Brutus Seafood Market & Eatery
- Catch ‘Em All
- Cocos Boat Rentals
- Crane Point Museum, Nature Center and Historic Site
- Curry Hammock State Park
- Dolphin Research Center
- Florida Keys Aquarium Encounters
- Florida Keys Kiteboarding
The most exciting day of the trip. You can cover all of the following attractions in one day.
- Hemmingway House
- Fort Zachary Taylor state Park
- CGC Ingham Museum
- Mallory Square
- Southernmost point buoy
- Stop at Everglades National Park and try out activities such as bike ride in Shark valley, boat tour, kayaking/canoeing, hiking trails.
- Drive back to Clearwater.